I won’t name names, but someone needs to get her sh*t together and get consistent with her blogging (pardon my French). I’ll be sure to give you guys an update on what I’ve been up to soon, promise!
However, it would be a huge injustice not to share this Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie with you. It came together in my Vitamix last week and I needed to get around to sharing it vs. procrastinating. But first, I want to educate you a bit on one of the optional ingredients: ALFALFA!
Alfalfa: Nature’s Super Green!
You may not even have the slightest clue what alfalfa is, and that’s okay…it’s actually one of nature’s most nutritious green plants; the leaves are loaded with chlorophyll, minerals, protein and enzymes + it’s rich in calcium, iron, flavonoids, phosphorous and magnesium. Alfalfa also helps promote alkalinity in the blood. It’s best taken with food for maximum absorption, hence while I love adding it to my morning smoothies.
But that’s not all! Alfalfa can also help with lots of different ailments, for example:
- certain colon conditions – it adds fiber, chlorophyll and vitamin K
- diabetes – its high mineral content increases insulin efficiency
- fungal infections – contains anti-fungal ingredients
- general body odor – chlorophyll is nature’s deodorizer
- general inflammatory conditions – chlorophyll acts to reduce the effects of inflammatory endorphins
- skin blemishes – mild antibiotic effect toward pathogenic bacteria
…to name a few!
(info credit goes to Dr. Brouse)
And of course I only use alfalfa from Shaklee, the #1 natural nutrition company in the US. Their products are non-GMO and are free of artificial flavors and sweeteners. Click here to check out Shaklee Alfalfa for yourself.
Okay, let’s get to it already – SMOOTHIE TIME!
Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
by Healthy Girl and the City
What you need:
- 1/2 c unsweetened mint tea, chilled (I used Teas’ Tea)
- 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 2 scoops Shaklee Vanilla 180
- 1 tbsp cacao or unsweetened cocoa (you can just use Chocolate 180 or another chocolate protein and skip this ingredient)
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 3 ice cubes
- handful of frozen spinach or kale
- 5-10 Shaklee Alfalfa Complex (click here to check out Shaklee Alfalfa if you didn’t earlier)
What to do:
Throw in blender, blend and YUM!
It’s as good as it looks, but don’t take my word for it – enjoy it for yourself xo