I love dessert.
I also love chia seeds. I’ve touted them time and time again, but they’re loaded with lots of antioxidants and are a good source of both omega-3s and protein. And let’s not forget, fiber!
They’re also super versatile and I put them in everything from green juice to smoothies to my Post Workout “Ice Cream” to my Dark Chocolate Almond Chia Banana Oatmeal Cookies, to name just a few. It’s like that Frank’s Red Hot Commercial, but with chia (“I put that sh*t on everything!) – cause, why not?!
Part of living a healthy lifestyle is always having healthy food on hand, especially when it comes to snacking and/or dessert. Which is why a few weeks ago I decided I needed to have something healthy prepared for that moment at like 8pm when I just needed a little sweet fix.
Yes, even Health Coaches sometimes having cravings for something sweet at night. That’s why I have to be prepared, and you should be too! No excuses!!!
What was this healthy snack/dessert I whipped up? Well, the main ingredient was of course…CHIA!
Maple Walnut Chia Pudding
by Healthy Girl in the City
What you need:
- 1 c unsweetened almond milk (I used vanilla)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- pinch of Himalaya Pink Salt (or sea salt will do just fine)
- 1 tbsp crushed walnuts per serving
What to do:
- Throw everything into a mason jar (or airtight container), shake well and refrigerate overnight – the longer, the better; I let mine sit in the fridge for a good 24 hours.
- Give it another good shake, top with crushed walnuts and get your snack on!