Sweet potatoes are the best. Like, seriously… you can enjoy them savory or sweet.
From baked to mashed to added into a smoothie, they are so good and so nutritious. They can be a main dish or side dish and rock either way.
How to Bake a Sweet Potato
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Poke sweet potato several times with a fork
- Place on a little tin foil on a cookie sheet or in a baking dish
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes
It’s almost too easy, I know.
What kind of nutritious benefits does one sweet potato contain?
- fiber – almost 2x as much as a regular potato, this helps keep you fuller longer!
- vitamin A
- vitamin C & iron – who doesn’t want a healthy immune system?!
- antioxidants & vitamin B6 – healthy heart!
Easy Recipe Ideas
- I love mashing mine up and sprinkling a little iodized sea salt on top
- Add one quarter or half of a baked sweet potato into your next smoothie instead of banana (there will be a sweet potato smoothie concoction up on the blog in the near future)
- Wild salmon + steamed veggies + a little sweet potato = perfection
- Sweet potato chips – simply slice up and bake; great with a side of hummus
- For an easy Meatless Monday dinner, try having some baked potato with steamed broccoli & brown rice – mix in a little salsa for a nice kick!
What’s your favorite sweet potato recipe?