I love ice cream and I love working out. Therefore, I had to create a post workout healthy ice cream that didn’t make me feel too guilty.
Last night I tried Flywheel for the first time (amazing!) and really just needed a little protein packed, post workout treat. So I got to brainstorming some yummy yet healthy snacks that packed some protein punch. This is what I came up with:
- avocado (see additional notes below)
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- almond butter: healthy fats AND protein? yes, please!
- chia: fiber AND protein – check!
Combine all of the above with one of my favorite pre or post workout treats, the banana, and BOOM – I bring you my latest healthy concoction:
Post Workout Double Chocolate Almond Butter Chia Avocado “Ice Cream”
by Healthy Girl and the City
What you need:
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1/4 avocado, frozen
- 1 tbsp almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 tsp cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp chia
- 1 tsp cacao nibs
What to do:
I used my yonanas and put the banana and avocado in, stirring in the additional ingredients after. You can also use a blender or food processor for the banana/avocado mixing.
- you don’t need to include avocado unless you want to – I like it because adds some extra potassium and protein. If you omit, please use an additional 1/2 frozen banana.
- don’t have cacao nibs/don’t like them? Substitute frozen dark chocolate chips!
Now, go get your sweat on so you have an excuse to make this later…
Another great option for a pre or post workout snack are my Dark Chocolate Almond Energy Bites.
If you’re more interested in “ice cream” than working out, then you have to try my Banana Ice Cream with Toasted Coconut, Almonds & Dark Chocolate or my Red Wine Ice Cream.