Yep, it’s another recipe involving chocolate. I don’t know whether I should be apologizing or you should be thanking me!
Since I have smoothies almost everyday, I am always brainstorming the next best thing. If I blogged about every smoothie recipe I’ve ever made, you would all have a case of smoothie overload. But, I do my best to share some of my favorites, and this one is definitely a contender.
My Red Velvet Smoothie contains not only chocolate, but cherries (not the maraschino variety), which are chock full of nutrients, including:
- potassium (1 cup has as much as a banana)
- low in calories – at 100 calories/cup, cherries are a great snack
- B vitamins – perfect if you’re in need of a little energy boost!
Cherries are in season from late spring through the summer. When they’re not, I’m always sure to have a bag of frozen cherries on hand.
Shall we move onto the recipe now?
Red Velvet Smoothie
by Healthy Girl and the City
What you need:
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 3/4 c frozen cherries
- 1 c unsweetened almond milk (I used vanilla)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein (I used Shaklee 180)
- 1 tbsp cacao (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1/2 tbsp chia
- 1 handful spinach, frozen
- 1-2 ice cubes, optional
What to do:
Throw everything in the blender, blend & enjoy!
This Red Velvet Smoothie is so good, you won’t even miss the frosting!