Disclaimer: today’s post is coming from my iPhone! Please excuse any and all grammatical or formatting errors 🙂
Some days all I want for breakfast is oatmeal. Especially when it’s snowy and cold outside; it’s my breakfast equivalent of soup!
Oatmeal itself is like a canvas, and I love how creative I can get with it.
Last week I went the chocolatey route. But to make it even better I threw some coconut and almonds in the mix. After all, I already have my Almond Joy Smoothie, so of course I needed its oatmeal equivalent! Duh.
Almond Joy Oatmeal
By Healthy Girl and the City
What you need:
- 1 serving of your favorite oats, prepared (I used Trader Joe’s Quick Cook Steel Cut Oats)
- 1 tbsp coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp chia
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil (just because of all its health benefits; learn more here)
- 2 tbsp almond milk, or milk of your choice: optional
- 1 tbsp chopped or sliced almonds: optional
What to do:
Prepare oats and stir everything in, adding optional ingredients last.
Option one is featured below without milk and almonds:
And if you like a little crunch (aka you’re a texture eater like me), there’s option 2:
What’s your favorite kind of oatmeal? Hint: don’t answer that until you’ve made this!