Despite the really long name of these cookies, they’re surprisingly easy!
A few months ago, I wrote a guest blog and made my Ooey, Gooey, Four-Ingredient Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
I was craving something sweet this morning, but couldn’t decide exactly what I wanted. Then I realized I had a few overly ripe bananas lying around and it was a no brainer: I was making those cookies. But dark chocolate had to be involved, so I whipped up another version of this awesome, healthy, easy, did I mention healthy?, cookie.
NO flour, eggs, oil or sugar!!!
Dark Chocolate Almond Chia Banana Oatmeal Cookies
By Healthy Girl and the City
Makes about 14 cookies
What you need:
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 1 c quick oats (gf or not , your preference)
- 1 tbsp chia
- 1/3 c dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 c chopped natural/raw almonds
What to do:
- Pre-heat over to 350 degrees Farenheit
- Mash bananas in a medium-sized mixing bowl, then stir in oats (the riper the bananas, the easier this step is)
- Add the chia, dark chocolate chips and almonds and mix some more
- Place cookies on a greased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes
From mashing to the finished product, I think this took roughly 20 minutes:
Next time you want something sweet, especially if that something is a cookie, these are a must make. You can’t go wrong with an unpackaged healthy cookie with only FIVE ingredients! Especially if you’re enjoying it with some of my Homemade Almond Milk. Just sayin’…
Feel free to refrigerate, though they’ll be gone before you know it. Also okay to make a batch and freeze them for later.