Sometimes you just need a quick pre or post workout snack.
My friend Rebecca made these Healthy Peanut Butter Cups not too long ago and I just have to share – they’re that good! Since I used almond butter, I revamped the name:
Dark Chocolate Almond Energy Bites
What you need:
- 1 c almond butter
- 2/3 c agave
- 1/2 c flax meal
- 2 c gluten-free oats
- 1 c Shaklee 180 vanilla protein (or your favorite vanilla protein powder, but Shaklee is the best)
- dark chocolate chips
What to do:
Mix all ingredients and roll into 1″ balls – place onto a large plate or cookie sheet. Press a dark chocolate chip into the middle of each ball, until slightly flattened.
No baking required! Keep refrigerated or at room temp. They’re even okay to freeze!
Warning: it’s hard to eat just one
These are perfect to take on the go, or to enjoy after a sweat session. Lots of protein, vegan, gluten-free, antioxidants… what’s not to love about these bad boys? And, in case you need a reminder of why Shaklee protein is the way to go:
- the powder alone has 16 grams of healthy, non-GMO protein
- leucine! – what the heck is it? you can read more on wiki here, but in non-scientific terms it’s an amino acid that helps your body burn fat while retaining lean muscle mass
- 6 grams of fiber
- low glycemic
- as with all of Shaklee’s products, there is nothing artificial about this stuff
- has a yummy factor of 10!
What’s your favorite way to sweat?