Has it really been a month since my last blog? Yikes! Especially since Healthy Girl and the City turned one on June 29th – HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, BLOG! I can’t believe it’s been a year; time flies when you’re having so much blogging fun.
Sorry it’s been awhile. I’ve had a busy month of transitions – namely leaving the stressful world of finance. Yes, you read that right, I finally did it! Very exciting, but still adjusting to my new schedule.
But, enough about me.
Summer: sand, chlorine, sunscreen, BBQs, lazy days… I simply love summer, despite the disgusting humidity in NYC. We can’t even BBQ on our balcony, which is a major bummer, but I try to improvise when I can and made this awesome pasta salad a few weeks ago that I’ve been meaning to share. Did I mention it’s gluten-free?
Quinoa Pasta Salad
by Healthy Girl and the City
What you need:
- 1 box quinoa pasta
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts
- 12 black olive, halved
- 4 tbsp EVOO
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- feta cheese, optional
What you do:
- Prepare pasta as directed – once drained, transfer to a bowl
- Add in all the veggies, olive oil & lemon juice and stir!
- I recommend adding some feta cheese to each individual serving, otherwise it can get a little soggy in the leftovers
Makes the perfect side with a burger, some barbequed chicken, or really with anything.
I have a few more blog posts up my sleeve in the coming weeks, so stay tuned xo