Sorry for the delayed post. I really wanted to share this with you much earlier in the week, but suddenly it’s Thursday and I can’t believe it!
The bright side? These are perfect for the weekend, and now you don’t have to wait as long to make them.
Sometimes you just want pancakes. Last Saturday morning, that’s what I wanted.
I rolled out of bed for a little Power Vinyasa Flow class and stopped by the grocery store on the way home. And these aforementioned pancakes I wanted so very badly aren’t just any pancakes – they’re a healthy version made with quinoa. I’ve made these before, but switched up the recipe ever so slightly.
Dark Chocolate Banana Quinoa Pancakes
adapted from Ambitious Kitchen’s Blueberry Chocolate Chip Quinoa Pancakes
What you need:
- 1 c cooked quinoa
- 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 c plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, halved & then sliced
- 1/2 c dark chocolate chips
What to do:
- Whisk together quinoa, flour, baking powder, and salt. In another medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, yogurt, milk, brown sugar & vanilla. Combine the two, then fold in the dark chocolate chips. Lastly, fold in the bananas.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with butter or cooking spray and heat over medium – add as much or as little batter to make as big or small as you like!
Josh & I made 3 massive pancakes, but you can make 8-10. I devoured one all by myself and was full for hours.
I think I need to get over my obsession with dark chocolate, but that’s not the point.
There’s nothing like a big fat pancake on a rainy day – especially when you convince your boyfriend to do the pancake flipping (I’m horrible at it) and convince him to watch Lifetime movies with you ALL DAY LONG (insert evil laugh here).
You need to try these!
Yummy, filling & healthy – it seriously doesn’t get much better. These would also be great for dinner, or any time of day for that matter.
P.S.- These Lemon Blueberry Quinoa Pancakes were also amazing.
What are you waiting for? Make some quinoa and get your pancake on!