Like most weeks these days, this was yet another one of those weeks – super busy with almost zero downtime. Um, yeah…no thanks!
But last night I made it a point to make dinner at home. Luckily I had lots of veggies laying around, but wasn’t really in the mood to make quinoa or brown rice. What can I say? I just wasn’t feeling it. Not to mention, I haven’t had eggs in, like, forever.
Side note: I’m writing this post on my new iPad mini, something I’ve never done before because I find it much more difficult than using my laptop. I’m not very tech savvy… Fingers crossed the formatting is acceptable!
Veggie Mex Scramble
by healthy girl and the city
What you need:
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– 3 eggs – one egg and two egg whites
– 2 cloves garlic, pressed
– 1/4 c chopped onion
– 1/2 red pepper, chopped
– 3 kale leaves, ripped into kale chip proportions
– 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
– pepper, to taste
– avocado, optional
– salsa, optional
What to do:
– prepare eggs – mix whole egg with two eggs whites, ~1 tbsp water & pepper, to taste; put aside
– using coconut oil, sauté garlic and all veggies except cherry tomatoes… once veggies are to your liking, add cherry tomatoes and egg scramble mixture
– scramble and serve!
Yummy, easy, veggie loaded – what’s better than that? I also added a little avocado and a dollop of salsa because I love a little Mexican flair.
You could sub spinach for the kale if you prefer and drained & rinsed black beans would’ve been a nice addition as well.