Happy Tuesday night y’all. I feel like it should be Thursday; at the very least Thursday. It’s been a good, yet very busy week thus far and I needed a snack.
I try to avoid snacking. That doesn’t mean I don’t do it, because I totally do. The quality of these aforementioned snacks varies from fruit to hummus to rice cakes…maybe some ice cream every now and again… Let’s just say I try my very bestest to keep snacking both healthy and to a minimum. Blah blah blah – am I blabbing on and on enough yet?
Today I needed a snack like woah. The dilemma was that I just didn’t know what to have and I was sick of the usual suspects. My mom recently mentioned baked chickpeas…DONE!
Not Quite Spicy Enough Baked Chickpeas
Serves 2-3 depending on how hungry the snacker!
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- a little cayenne pepper – a few dashes will do
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 can chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans)
What to do once you have all the ingredients ready?
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix olive oil, spices & salt in a small bowl
- Make sure you drain & rinse the chickpeas – I let mine air dry for a bit, then mixed them in with the olive oil/spice mixture until coated
- Plop onto a baking sheet and bake for about 35 minutes…I let mine sit in the oven for a bit after – the crispier, the better
These are freaking awesome, but I wish I made them spicier. I will definitely be playing around with this one. SUCH a great snack!
What was that? You wanna see my awesome new logo for my health & wellness company?
Another masterpiece from Catie, who also design the logo for my blog. Mad props Catie O! If you’re looking for someone to help you design your logo, you can check out her website here.
This whole “launching my own business” ordeal has been a slow, but awesome, endeavor. Feel free to check out Wellness Rains.