It’s been so long. I hate to admit it, but this is actually my first post for 2013 – slacker much? Aside from my lack of blogging, 2013 has been off to a great and super productive start (although too cold for my liking the past few days). Oh, and I just moved – my boyfriend is one lucky guy!
As most of you know, I’m a Health Coach for Urban Detox Club – you can read all about it here and here if you haven’t already. Through UDC, I’ve become an Independent Distributor for the number one natural nutrition company in the US, Shaklee. Long story short, their products are amazing.
Shaklee & Why it’s Awesome
- Shaklee conducts rigorous and clinical scientific testing to ensure the safety and efficacy of their products – 100% safe and 100% satisfaction guaranteed – try getting that from the vitamins on the shelf at your local drugstore
- Everything that goes into their products is non-GMO and free of fungicides, synthetic hormones, chemicals, artificial flavors & sweeteners
- Shaklee is the first company in the world to be Climate Neutral™ certified, totally offsetting their carbon emissions, which results in a net-zero impact on the environment
- You can check out more on “Why Shaklee” here
Needless to say, I use the products myself and am super happy. I could go on and on, but today I just wanted to share their awesome “smoothees” with you.
Slim Down Breakfast “Smoothee”
There are several flavors to choose from:
- Vanilla (my personal favorite)
- Cafe Latte
Today I’m going to share one that I whipped up using the chocolate variety, aka Banana Chocolate Almond “Smoothee”…
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (I like the unsweetened vanilla best)
- 2 scoops (or 1 packet, which is what I used in this case) of Shaklee 180 Energizing Smoothee Chocolate
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3-5 ice cubes, depending how you like it
Obviously you can throw in whatever protein powder you want, but if you’re in the market for a new brand, I HIGHLY recommend this one for a few different reasons:
- the powder alone has 16 grams of healthy, non-GMO protein
- leucine! – what the heck is it? you can read more on wiki here, but in non-scientific terms it’s an amino acid that helps your body burn fat while retaining lean muscle mass
- 6 grams of fiber
- low glycemic
- as with all of Shaklee’s products, there is nothing artificial about this stuff
- has a yummy factor of 10!
The link: Shaklee 180 Energizing Smoothees
I’m hoping to be back up and blogging regularly once again! I have some awesome recipes, etc up my sleeve that I can’t wait to share with all of you.
If you have any questions about Shaklee or would like to learn more, please contact me via the form below.