Yes, you read that right. Tonight, after nine hours of yoga teacher training, I decided to make chocolate chip cookies that were made primarily of mashed chickpeas! You amazed yet? Because you totally should be.
Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yet another recipe from Ambitious Kitchen. No flour, oil or eggs needed for this one; you don’t even need any fancy kitchen appliances – though be warned, after attempting to perfect my downward dog and countless other asanas today, mashing the chickpeas by hand was a bit tiring.
- I used an extra tsp of vanilla, just ’cause
- Nut butter of choice: almond
Looks yummy, doesn’t it? I simply spooned the dough onto the greased cookie tray, making sure to flatten them as I went (these cookies don’t change shape in the oven):
20 minutes later:
My take on a few important cookie aspects:
- The batter: mashed bean texture (duh!), but good!
- The smell: while in the oven, they sure smelled like chocolate chip cookies
- The cookie: definitely satisfied my sweet craving . I was able to stop after one, which I’m going to attribute to the texture – no complaints, I’ll take a guilt-free cookie any day!
I can’t wait until my boyfriend gets back from visiting his alma mater so I can force him to try one of these (insert devious laugh here).
Next up: black bean brownies. Sorry, but you’ll just have to wait patiently until I get around to those.
Nine more hours of yoga tomorrow – can’t wait!