Happy Hump Day!
I have to admit that up until a few months ago, I never ate the stuff; no particular reason why. But I’ve come to really enjoy kale, not only for its nutritional value, but also because I love how versatile it is.
A Lesson: Kale (thanks Wikipedia)
- High in beta carotene
- Excellent source of vitamins A, C & K
- Rich in lutein (think: eye health)
- High in Calcium
- Contains potent anti-cancer properties, sulforaphane to be precise
- Good source of carotenoids (antioxidants)
- When eaten regularly it can not only protect against cancer, but also lower cholesterol
And, as I mentioned, don’t forget the versatility factor! You can eat it raw, steam it, make salads with it, throw it into pastas, add to soups, make kale chips…
What you need:
Yes, it’s that easy. I didn’t have a pastry brush handy, so I just drizzled on the EVOO before sprinkling with salt & pepper. I overcooked the chips a little (no judging!), but they still tasted really good.
I baked mine for about 32 minutes; make sure you keep an eye on them though – that was clearly too long.
What are you waiting for? Get out there and buy some kale! Oh, and be sure to share anything kale related you’d like in the comments below…