What’s with the title? A bad attempt at keeping The Hunger Games theme, that’s what. How’d I do?
Are you ready to hear about day two and three?!
I woke up feeling awesome. Mood was fantastic! I was prepped everything the night before, even dinner since I had plans after work:
I was able to use my vapur bottles!
- Breakfast, Purple Power Juice: this was amazing (probably because there were zero veggies in it)
- Mid morning, Green Lemonade: this gets the amazing stamp as well…
Please note that post mid morning juice, I was debating doing this longer than my initial three-day plan
- Lunch, V28: this tasted like beets and radishes, and though I enjoy both of these veggies normally, this juice almost tasted like dirt (and yes, I washed everything throughly thankyouverymuch)
Crankiness starts to kick in, especially when I start checking out some food blogs, etc (who does that?!)
- Mid afternoon, Spinach-Fennel-Cucumber: probably the grossest juice I made. What did I learn? Fennel tastes kind of like black licorice, which I vehemently dislike.
After work I went to my boyfriend’s softball game in Central Park (they won by the way). Let’s just say that social situations make this juice diet/cleanse thing a little tough – I had to get water with lemon at the bar, I had a headache, I was getting tired… Why was I doing this again?
- Dinner, Bountiful Brassica Juice: I enjoyed this while my boyfriend indulged in Shake Shack. Who wouldn’t want to drink juice over having a (veggie) burger and fries? Not me! But this juice was definitely better than the previous two (thank goodness!!!)
Once we got back to my apartment I basically made juice for day three and passed out.
I woke up feeling MUCH better than the night before. I was ready for the juice day three had to offer:
- Breakfast, Purple Power Juice: yes, I made this one AGAIN…I couldn’t risk starting the day off on a bad note (did I mention this one is amazing?!)
- Mid morning, Great Greens Juice: not too shabby, definitely drinkable; this one had basil which added an interesting flair
Insert Pilates class here – although I didn’t push as hard as usual, I was surprised by how good I felt overall
- Lunch, Tabbouleh Juice: very parsley/tomato-esque, but another drinkable juice
Wow, day three is so much better than day two. Am I sure I don’t want to do this longer?…I started looking at food blogs again, etc – I got that idea out of my head pretty quick!
- Mid afternoon, Bruschetta Juice: very good, but a tad intense (think: garlic) – was imaging eating this in solid form with some bread, yum!
- Dinner (aka the last supper), Green Juice: another very good juice; light and refreshing
I definitely bought a tad too much kale and swiss chard, but the fridge is much more spacious at this point:
- For starters, I cannot believe I haven’t eaten in 72 hours, wow
- So happy I did this (and that in like 10 hours when I wake up I get to eat something)
- I wasn’t any hungrier than usual which surprised me
- Juicing can get sticky…I feel legit sticky after I use my juicer; that stuff likes to splatter like woah
- All juices are NOT created equal, but now I know what I like/don’t like and look forward to using my juicer regularly
- Don’t look at food blogs and start pinning recipes while doing a juice diet/cleanse, it will do you no good
I plan to blog a quick follow-up tomorrow – stay tuned…