I’m finally getting back into a bit of a routine & have lots of great blog topics coming up once I get around to it. Hopefully I will “get around to it” soon!
- My new juicer arrived! My other juicer’s lid, which was also a brand new juicer, broke and they sent me a new juicer in its place – how awesome is that? Bring on the juice!
- Yoga Teacher Training starts tomorrow night and I can’t wait
I have to share my Sunday pancake making with you, albeit late, since they were too good not to share! I’ve shared Ambitious Kitchen before, but my friend Laura tried these pancakes and said they were a must:
Lemon Blueberry Quinoa Pancakes
Sunday, after I got my yoga on, I had pancakes on the brain and figured it was a good a time as any to go to the store and pick up what I needed to make these. And though I usually deviate somewhat, I followed this recipe to a tee.
My boyfriend, he doesn’t like blueberries. I know…I can’t believe it myself. So I made the batter without; he added chocolate chips to his and I went with the blueberry option.
Not to knock my green juice (more on that below) or anything, but I could really go for one of these pancakes (or three) right about now… I thought they were lighter than your average pancake, but were deceivingly healthy. Two thumbs up and a must make - I’ve found my go to pancake recipe!
Monday: Dinner & Dessert
- I used frozen broccoli florets because I was being lazy – I think this is what made it slightly watery, so before I added the cilantro & brown rice I drained it a bit
- I made homemade orange juice - I’m weird about store-bought juice since there is so much added sugar, etc
- I like my food spicy; I added 2 heaping tbsp of minced chipotle in adobo (and yes, that made it very spicy)
- I added extra cilantro because, well, why not?
Takeaways: Very easy to make, though I had a hard time finding the minced chipotle…Whole Foods was out, and there was literally a line out the door at Trader Joe’s (no joke – I should have taken a picture of that madness). But I ended up finding it at the grocery store across the street from my apartment after a little searching. What was odd was that there was no real orange juice flavor? Not quite sure what the juice added really… But I liked it, and it was perfect for Meatless Monday.
That Whole Foods trip I mentioned? Well, on my way to check out, I came across a little sample station. Who can resist samples – especially when those samples are cookies? Not me. And that leads me to:
The samples were Gilbert’s Gourmet Goodies. I tried the sugar, the chocolate chip and the chocolate. These cookies don’t contain wheat or gluten, corn or high fructose corn syrup, tree nuts, dairy, soy, hydrogenated oil, trans fats or preservatives! If you’re wondering if I bought a bag, of course I did! I went with the sugar cookies. The lady giving out the samples also let me in on a little dessert idea, behold:
Yeah, that’s right – I threw a little Vanilla Bean So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream in the middle.
And since I have that new juicer and all, we’ll wrap it up with a little morning juice action:
Green Juice: Breakfast
- 6 kale leaves
- 1 c spinach
- 2 green apples
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 lemon (without the rind)
Okay, I really need to go get myself some coffee now… Happy Tuesday!